• The company was established on April 25, 2005 as a limited liability partnership in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
• The Company operates in accordance with the Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Contract within Blocks XXIX -38-C (partially), D (partially), E (partially) located in the Syrdarya district of the Kyzylorda region of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
• Approved in-place oil reserves are 19.5 million tons (142.3 Mbbl);
• Recoverable oil reserves are 6.7 million tons (50 Mbbl);
• The Company annually conducts an independent audit and economic evaluation of hydrocarbon reserves of KAZPETROL GROUP (according to the international standard – Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS);
• Ongoing independent audit and economic evaluation of the reserves was done jointly with McDaniel & Associates Consultants Ltd. as of December 31, 2021;
• Based on an audit by McDaniel & Associates Consultants Ltd. the total proven hydrocarbon reserves of KAZPETROL GROUP amounted to 30.0 Mbbl at the beginning of 2021.
Crude oil production volume
• Cumulative crude oil production since the beginning of the development of the contract area as of January 1, 2022 has reached 2.1 million tons (15.3 Mbbl);
• Achieved stable oil production, more than 300 thousand tons per year (2.2 Mbbl).
In 2017, the Company sold 197.8 thousand tons or 1.444 million barrels of crude oil (2016: 204.8 000 tons or 1.5 million barrels).
Data provided on the basis of an independent financial audit from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP:
• Revenue from the sale of crude oil in 2017 amounted to 16.1 billion tenge (2016: 12.1 billion tenge);
• EBITDA margin for 2017 was 50% (2016: 48%).
MBSNU (Small-sized block separation-loading unit) NPP OZNA-Engineering
• Since 2016, at the facilities of the PPO (Point of preparation of Oil) "Taur" and the PPO "South Khairkeldy", the MBSNU installation has been commissioned and is currently in operation. These units receive, prepare and ship oil according to the first group;
• In 2019-2020, construction and installation work was carried out under the project to expand the existing South Khairkeldy PPO in order to increase throughput during the preparation of marketable oil.
• Block execution and compactness;
• Automation of the oil preparation process;
• Full cycle of oil treatment up to 1-group and further shipment.
Oil pumping station (NPS).
In 2019-2020, according to the working project, construction and installation work and commissioning of an inter-field oil pipeline with a pumping station for pumping marketable oil were completed.
• Minimal environmental impact;
• Reducing the cost of transportation by road.
WEM (simultaneously separate operation of two productive horizons) PremiumOilService LLP
Implementation of a new technology to improve the efficiency of artificial lift (SHP + ESP). This technology was introduced in 2017 at the North Khairkeldy – wells: 8, 9 and are currently being operated with well production from two horizons M-II and Yu-I simultaneously.
• Separate rise of formation fluids;
• Change of the drilling grid due to joining two horizons in one wellbore;
• Increasing the profitability of the well by adding a second horizon;
• Separate measurement and accounting during the operation of several horizons and layers in the wellbore of one well;
• Operation of two objects with different reservoir properties in different modes of fluid withdrawal.
UPON (Inline oil desalting unit) ALLIANCE NEFTEGAZ TECHNOLOGY LLC
In 2017 the installation of the above equipment was carried out at the South Khairkeldy oil and gas production facility. In addition, when expanding the existing PPO at South Khairkeldy, an in-line oil desalination unit was put into operation, which is successfully coping with the task now.
For intensive mixing of various liquids and introduction of fresh water into the in-line blender, in which the mixing of fresh water droplets and mineralized emulsified water droplets into the crude oil stream. A distinctive feature of the device is the high dispersion of fresh water supplied for desalination, which significantly increases the likelihood of "meeting" drops of fresh and bottom water. The effective section of the blender made of stainless steel allows intensifying the processes of mixing and coalescence.
Capstone S-800 and S-600 micro gas turbine units
In 2014-2017 Two Capstone C-800 and C-600 micro gas turbine units were purchased and put into operation to generate electricity of 800 and 600 kVA, respectively, using innovative technologies of Capstone Turbine Corporation.
• A unique design feature of the engine is the use of air bearings, due to which a record shaft speed of 96,000 rpm can be achieved. This innovation makes it possible to eliminate the use of oil, the high consumption of which in other types of equipment is a significant part of the operating costs;
• Low operating temperatures reduce nitrogen oxide emissions, resulting in CO and NOx emissions as low as 9 ppm, making microturbines one of the cleanest sources of energy generation;
• Utilization of associated petroleum gas through electricity generation.
Commissioning of SS-20/6 kV "KPG" and SS-20/6 kV "North Khairkeldy"
In 2020, a 6 kV power transmission line (3 km) was built and put into operation from the 110/6 kV substation of the Nuraly-2 m/r of JV Kazgermunai LLP, 20/6 kV substation KZPG, substation -20/6 kV "North Khairkeldy" and power transmission line-20 kV (10.5 km), providing electricity to the group of "Khairkeldy" fields.
• It made it possible to get away from expensive, leased gas piston units (GPU), which required constant shutdown for service work, disposal of spent fuel and lubricants, and start-up of diesel generator units (DGU) during maintenance;
• Increased power limit from 1500kW to 4000kW due to limited GPU power;
• A flexible system for purchasing electricity according to the demand schedule based on seasonal needs;
• Increased reliability in power supply, eliminated the inertial power of the equipment, which had a negative impact on the operation of the GPU.
Geological and hydrodynamic 3D modeling of deposits
Three-dimensional geological and hydrodynamic modeling is a powerful tool for solving geological problems in the oil and gas industry. This reservoir management method allows the petroleum geologist to understand the structure of hydrocarbon deposits and predict their behavior using various development scenarios.
Reservoir behavior prediction is used in planning, operation, and reservoir performance diagnostics at all stages of field development.
Based on previously drilled wells, the Company plans to carry out work based on the construction of a sidetrack of a small diameter, which will increase production and oil recovery factor from the reservoirs.
Sidetrack drilling is a promising technology for extracting residual oil in the CIS countries. This method has a number of advantages over the construction of a new well.
The implementation of this technology will:
• increase the ultimate oil recovery factor at any stage of development, and, consequently, increase the efficiency of capital investments;
• involve previously water-flooded deposits in development;
• reduce the consumption of financial and material resources;
• reduce the impact on the environment and, accordingly, significantly reduce the cost of environmental activities;
• increase the investment attractiveness of field development at any stage.
Modernization of the POP process system at the South Khairkeldy field with re-equipment of the R-4 reservoir for the collection and treatment of water formation, which made it possible to ensure maximum separation and injection of water formation into the pressure formation maintenance system.
Modernization of the BPS-2 process system with the use of a gas-fired line heater in order to increase the temperature of the well products pumped out from the BPS-2.
Industrial Road Show
During the period of July 2-9, 2023, an industrial Road Show was held in Germany, which was organized by Tech Garden together with Strategic Minds Company (Germany) and the AQ-i Center (Kazakhstan) with the support of the Ministry of Digital Development, Innovation and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan (MDDIAI RK).Learn More